Search This Blog

Friday, January 28, 2011

Ace of Hearts


To my King of Hearts… Masquerade hearts don't keep from getting broken and what we dwell on becomes our identity. I don't want to wear it anymore.  A wink. A smile. A laugh. Emotions on my sleeve and I feel I'm torn in half. Is there a happily ever after in the land of effervescent rainbows? Paintings find me peaceful and I welcome the quiet. I try to gather my thoughts but am easily distracted. A Carpathian novel and I will not settle. The hazel eyes of a wolf intrigue me. Come for me. The statue of a woman who stands on her own. Flowers on a table and I feel so far from home. Nothing left to be forgotten and you're looking through Oscar Wildes memory. I'm trying to listen to my life that has so much to say. Can you unravel me? Hunger finds me vulnerable and I feel shy. It calls out to you. I'm not sure why. Dance with me barefoot and kiss my mouth. Waterfall lyrics reveal me. What's this? A coin in a wishing well, one I must have missed. Once upon a time of fascination. A glimpse. A tingle. A Breath. No more disguise. Just a girl with kaleidescope eyes.


Your...  Queen of Hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words on Screen & Words on Paper

  • Blink, Malcolm Gladwell
  • Casablanca (1942)
  • Chocolat (2000)
  • Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway, Susan Jeffer, Ph.D.
  • Harold and Maude (1971)
  • Invictus (2009)
  • On The Waterfront (1954)
  • Singin in the Rain (1952)
  • The Celestine Prophecy, James Redfield
  • The Four Agreements, Miguel Ruiz
  • The Greatest Salesman in the World, Og Mandino
  • The Power of Now, Eckhart Tolle
  • The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success, Deepak Chopra
  • The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
  • The Tao of Pooh, Benjamin Hoff
  • The Wizard of Oz (1939)
  • West Side Story (1961)
  • What Happy People Know, Dan Baker

Listening

  • Use Somebody, Kings of Leon
  • You're Beautiful, James Blunt
  • Love, Love, Love, Tristan Prettyman
  • Just Fine, Mary J. Blige
  • Banana Pancakes, Jack Johnson
  • You and Me, Dave Matthews
  • Just Breathe, Pearl Jam