Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Self Indulgence

Moon shadows flowers bloom and I am smiling.  The night falls and stars fill my sky.  Sleep comes to find me and I welcome it willingly. A soft gentle kiss on my cheek and I blush.  The peaceful wonderments of a life worth listening to.  A speciality in motion and a secret crush, a shared laugh and it's a distant memory.  Glistening eyes and I am naive and vulnerable.  Give me something to think about.  Make me laugh.  And I'll giggle. A ride on a rail train.  You drink my shirley temple and I'll eat the ice.  Everything is valuable and we should stop to smell the flowers.  Make a wish.  A night in shining armor and dreams of a kiss.  A moment long gone but now I've found my smirk.  A lesson learned and I've broken the lineage.  A new past is set in motion and I won't look back.  Not attracted to that which I can't have.  Skipping along my journey, my own yellow brick road.  I feel set free.  I've found the butterfly in me.  Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words on Screen & Words on Paper

  • Blink, Malcolm Gladwell
  • Casablanca (1942)
  • Chocolat (2000)
  • Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway, Susan Jeffer, Ph.D.
  • Harold and Maude (1971)
  • Invictus (2009)
  • On The Waterfront (1954)
  • Singin in the Rain (1952)
  • The Celestine Prophecy, James Redfield
  • The Four Agreements, Miguel Ruiz
  • The Greatest Salesman in the World, Og Mandino
  • The Power of Now, Eckhart Tolle
  • The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success, Deepak Chopra
  • The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
  • The Tao of Pooh, Benjamin Hoff
  • The Wizard of Oz (1939)
  • West Side Story (1961)
  • What Happy People Know, Dan Baker

Listening

  • Use Somebody, Kings of Leon
  • You're Beautiful, James Blunt
  • Love, Love, Love, Tristan Prettyman
  • Just Fine, Mary J. Blige
  • Banana Pancakes, Jack Johnson
  • You and Me, Dave Matthews
  • Just Breathe, Pearl Jam