Search This Blog

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Time Travel

Here I am again... knowing there is no catching up to the time that passes, but finding my way to my words again.  I can't go back.  It's been months since my last blog entry and I won't be able to call for a do over.  What's done is done.

But it's not about what we haven't done or what we didn't do.  It's about all the things that we can find that we can appreciate about life and about ourselves and for every thing big or small that we are thankful for.  All the things that we can create that lay ahead of us.  I have to look at the traveled pavement as I view the sky.  With wonder.  I have been through so many ups and downs made so many wrong turns but I hold tight to my optimistic nature and put one foot in front of the other.

I just came off a big travel job and I find myself spent with exhaustion.  And somehow the emptying out of all my energy finds me open-minded and full of clarity.  In the peace and quiet I have found my spirit and my ethereal approach to that which I love most...  Wondering, pondering, and daydreaming.  My indisputable love for that which I can't control but love to question.

There have been many challenging moments and I haven't always made the right choices, but I learn.  I choose to learn and be humble and open and forthcoming.

If we let it... time will teach us our most valuable lessons... We will learn to travel through our lives embracing the answers hidden in the adversity, the answers shining in our good fortune and the answers kneeling before us in humility.

There are a lot of things in my life that I don't have but courage isn't one of them and I am realizing that of all things I have learned in my travels a little courage can go a long way in teaching us how to rise above any situation.

I don't have much practice with dating so I am not very good at it but I have decided to feel the fear and do it anyway.  If I don't date then the man of my dreams out there somewhere looking for me may never find me.

I don't know if anyone will read the book I am writing but if one person embraces it and it helps them live a better life then every hour spent writing every word will have been worth it.

I dont' know if the company I am launching is going to be a huge success but if I am able to get it off the ground at all then I know I accomplished something else I can be proud of.

I don't know what tomorrow holds but I know what I have today and I choose to embrace myself, share with strangers, and show love to my friends as my friends show to me.

I don't know much but I do know that one person can make a big difference one person at a time.  A little love travels a long way.

What are you doing with your time?

3 comments:

  1. Well said, my love! Just what I needed to read in this moment. I hope that you know that you and the energy that embalms you is an inspiration in my life. I feel grateful to have met you and to call you a friend. I hope that we can grow together, and come closer in 2011. : ) -Katya

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to dream before you achieve. Good for you for dreaming big! "Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway," is such a powerful phrase. It's been helping me for years, ever since I read Susan Jeffers landmark book. Thanks for the great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katya! Thank you... Love always!

    Karrie.. Thank you for the words... Susan Jeffers book has had a huge impact on my life and those that I have shared her book with.. I quote her everyday in my life... Feel the fear and do it anyway! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Words on Screen & Words on Paper

  • Blink, Malcolm Gladwell
  • Casablanca (1942)
  • Chocolat (2000)
  • Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway, Susan Jeffer, Ph.D.
  • Harold and Maude (1971)
  • Invictus (2009)
  • On The Waterfront (1954)
  • Singin in the Rain (1952)
  • The Celestine Prophecy, James Redfield
  • The Four Agreements, Miguel Ruiz
  • The Greatest Salesman in the World, Og Mandino
  • The Power of Now, Eckhart Tolle
  • The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success, Deepak Chopra
  • The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
  • The Tao of Pooh, Benjamin Hoff
  • The Wizard of Oz (1939)
  • West Side Story (1961)
  • What Happy People Know, Dan Baker

Listening

  • Use Somebody, Kings of Leon
  • You're Beautiful, James Blunt
  • Love, Love, Love, Tristan Prettyman
  • Just Fine, Mary J. Blige
  • Banana Pancakes, Jack Johnson
  • You and Me, Dave Matthews
  • Just Breathe, Pearl Jam