Search This Blog

Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Bridge (small excerpt from my book)


The 3rd draft of my book is complete and I have been sharing it sparingly for feedback.  My notes have been amazing and I am very excited with the results.   I have, however, found myself needing a way to connect the two parts without it being two totally separate books.  I thought I would test it out here... Let me know what you think.  Feedback is welcomed.

            Yes.  The first half of my life left me breathless subdued and emotionally crippled.  With no comedic reprieve, the stories were hard to read and the situations unfathomable.  But I did tell you in the beginning that the events I would share were not the happy ones. 
            In my face of adversity lie my laugh lines.  I see them now.  As life progressed, I needed to know which ones to embrace and which ones to cover up with as much make up as possible.  But we all know that cover up will wash away with a little soap and water.
            In the context of my existence, it was these unfortunate events that brought me to a place strong enough to go back through the rubble of my train wreck.  After many failed attempts of putting the pieces back together I finally made my way over the bridge. 
            I believe that everything happens for a reason.  If it weren’t for everything that happened to me, I wouldn’t know all of what else I am about to tell you.  The following chapters are meant to make you think.   You are with me on this journey for a reason.   You relived my past with me because it is time to right the wrongs and release the chains that bind us.  This isn’t just for me.  It’s for you too.  The need to share, learn and hypothesize over the events to make life better, stronger and sustainable is irrevocable.  My story is far from over.  But on this side of the water across the bridge from where I came from, it sounds so much different.   The why's have finally been replaced with now what.  It's time for change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words on Screen & Words on Paper

  • Blink, Malcolm Gladwell
  • Casablanca (1942)
  • Chocolat (2000)
  • Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway, Susan Jeffer, Ph.D.
  • Harold and Maude (1971)
  • Invictus (2009)
  • On The Waterfront (1954)
  • Singin in the Rain (1952)
  • The Celestine Prophecy, James Redfield
  • The Four Agreements, Miguel Ruiz
  • The Greatest Salesman in the World, Og Mandino
  • The Power of Now, Eckhart Tolle
  • The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success, Deepak Chopra
  • The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
  • The Tao of Pooh, Benjamin Hoff
  • The Wizard of Oz (1939)
  • West Side Story (1961)
  • What Happy People Know, Dan Baker

Listening

  • Use Somebody, Kings of Leon
  • You're Beautiful, James Blunt
  • Love, Love, Love, Tristan Prettyman
  • Just Fine, Mary J. Blige
  • Banana Pancakes, Jack Johnson
  • You and Me, Dave Matthews
  • Just Breathe, Pearl Jam