Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The importance of Practicing


Maybe I have gotten it wrong.  Not all of it.  Just the thought that if I stayed away from an intimate relationship I could work through the dramas that I bring to the table.  I could stop my patterns and move forward with a fresh new start.

Inevitable that the aha! moment should follow.  Eight years later, still single, hiding behind production and my pursuits, and my writing and I stand alone.  Don't get me wrong.  I am not actually complaining.  I also realized that I enjoy everything I do.   My painting, my walks with Sir Henry, my job, my friends (when I make time to see them), my sushi dinners, and of course my writing.  But at the end of the day what difference does it all make if you don't have someone to share it with?

Practice.  You can't get better at something if you don't practice.  I am now really talented at being alone and not being lonely.  But can I be in a healthy successful relationship?  I honestly don't know the answer to this.  I haven't had enough practice.  
Could my lack of practice mean I am going to repeat my patterns?  Am I so set in my ways that there can be no compromise?  Will I run out of things to talk about?  Will I be in transference forever? 

I guess it's time to get out there and find out.  A smile at a stranger could lead to a coffee.  An introduction by a friend could lead to a lunch.  It's time.  Time to get out there and chance the meetings of a lifetime. There is someone for everyone.  So my soulmate must be out there somewhere looking for me.  And maybe he's saying the same things I am saying.  We can practice together.

Relationships are important.  Most of you know because you are in one.  While they can be a lot of work they can also be filled with the most joyous moments of our lives.

More of me being the W Chaser.  The answers are out there.  

Are you practicing?



.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words on Screen & Words on Paper

  • Blink, Malcolm Gladwell
  • Casablanca (1942)
  • Chocolat (2000)
  • Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway, Susan Jeffer, Ph.D.
  • Harold and Maude (1971)
  • Invictus (2009)
  • On The Waterfront (1954)
  • Singin in the Rain (1952)
  • The Celestine Prophecy, James Redfield
  • The Four Agreements, Miguel Ruiz
  • The Greatest Salesman in the World, Og Mandino
  • The Power of Now, Eckhart Tolle
  • The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success, Deepak Chopra
  • The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
  • The Tao of Pooh, Benjamin Hoff
  • The Wizard of Oz (1939)
  • West Side Story (1961)
  • What Happy People Know, Dan Baker

Listening

  • Use Somebody, Kings of Leon
  • You're Beautiful, James Blunt
  • Love, Love, Love, Tristan Prettyman
  • Just Fine, Mary J. Blige
  • Banana Pancakes, Jack Johnson
  • You and Me, Dave Matthews
  • Just Breathe, Pearl Jam