Search This Blog

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Time for a New Shuffle?





My decision to embark on this blog journey may benefit me in the long run. And I am hoping that it may even benefit you if you are reading this.

I am going to indulge in theories and try experiments.  And I am challenging you to join me.  Some days I'll write something new or somedays I will share something old.

Being accountable and truthful won't be easy.  But knowing we are not alone in our quest shall make it that much more feasible.  I beseech you to do the exercises, take your notes, and take a good look in the proverbial mirror.  I presume that sometimes it will be hard.  Hard to fathom, or sometimes hard to understand. Truths hurt sometimes so there may be some pain. Some tears. Some memories that leave us all breathless. But we can't be afraid and so I won't hold back. My words shall be humble and honest. My questions sincere. And in the same token I hope it helps and I hope it makes us all laugh.

Is it possible to rewrite our own histories? Or are the cards we are dealt really the hand we have to play? Who do I talk to about a misdeal? Or a re-deal? I want the Universe to reshuffle my cards because I am ready to play my next hand.  I am all in.  Are you?


© 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words on Screen & Words on Paper

  • Blink, Malcolm Gladwell
  • Casablanca (1942)
  • Chocolat (2000)
  • Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway, Susan Jeffer, Ph.D.
  • Harold and Maude (1971)
  • Invictus (2009)
  • On The Waterfront (1954)
  • Singin in the Rain (1952)
  • The Celestine Prophecy, James Redfield
  • The Four Agreements, Miguel Ruiz
  • The Greatest Salesman in the World, Og Mandino
  • The Power of Now, Eckhart Tolle
  • The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success, Deepak Chopra
  • The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
  • The Tao of Pooh, Benjamin Hoff
  • The Wizard of Oz (1939)
  • West Side Story (1961)
  • What Happy People Know, Dan Baker

Listening

  • Use Somebody, Kings of Leon
  • You're Beautiful, James Blunt
  • Love, Love, Love, Tristan Prettyman
  • Just Fine, Mary J. Blige
  • Banana Pancakes, Jack Johnson
  • You and Me, Dave Matthews
  • Just Breathe, Pearl Jam